January 27, 2011
Hey dolls! This is my second post although it's technically my FIRST! I'm super loving this whole blogging thing! After a super tough year, I've really needed to find a niche and I've FINALLY FOUND IT!

I've decided to make my first real post about organizing! I LOVE TO ORGANIZE! It's in my DNA to put everything in order and in boxes or drawers and sometimes even label them! For those of you who are neat freaks and organizers, CHEERS TO YOU!

Desk Storage Drawer

After having all my makeup sitting in drawers and cosmetic bags, I was bound to find SOMETHING to organize it in a way that makes it easier to utilize! So what I did was purchased these Desk Storage Drawers from Staples and drilled it into the wall underneath the open area of a desk I already had! Seriously has worked WONDERS!








Each drawer is organized in categories... like foundation/primers/bronzers or mascara/eye pencils/brushes.

It's so convenient and has made doing my make-up so much fun!



What I also put together that many of you might find convenient too, is a brush holder! My sister bought me a candle last year and I finally used it completely. So I took the remaining candle wax out of it and filled it with super duper small beads from a craft store. I store the brushes I use on a daily basis and some eyeliners. It sits on my make up counter and not only is it convenient but super cute! I put the little beads in the candle holder to keep the brushes standing erect! I absolutely adore the little thing and I know my sister feels great that I will forever be using the new brush holder I made out of the candle she purchased for me!


This is what it looks like all together!





















So thats my MAKE UP SPOT! I hope you all enjoy my posts! I'll have tons to say, tons of information to give, and tons of answers for your questions! Let me know what I can do to help!

XO!


8 COMMENTS:

Hannah Lebron said...

Thanks for following. I am following you too :)
Can't wait to read more.

-Hannah
www.makeupme06.blogspot.com

Alex said...

I love this why dont u put a mirror above it? it makes an awesome vanity

LANEY said...

Thanks Hannah!!!! <3

Alex! Oh Gosh you know I posted a picture of the entire thing WITH the mirror I have above it and can you believe it's not there? LOL I'm such a newbie! I'm going to add it right now so you can see!! Its a huge mirror that was once GOLD but I spray painted it black to go with everything else!

Sydney Hoffman said...

Heyy I gave you an award on my blog
check it out! treatsandtreasures3.blogspot.com

Love your blog !

-Sydney xo

Alex said...

very nice! I tried spray painting a mirror once and i failed miserably :) keep up the great posts!

Unknown said...

I love what u did..My BF would love if I had one of these..He is always complaining about my ever growing cosmetic collection! haha

jezmacmania said...

i LOVE how you organized your makeup!! it looks really good =D

Lindsey said...

Hey girl, thanks for following me! I'm new to blogging too. I am about to follow you. I was going to comment how much I love organizing too before you commented on mine. Youd should check out my organizing on the cheap post. It shows how I organized my make-up, I kind-of did what you did with the drawers.

http://thebargainblonde.blogspot.com/2010/11/organizing-on-cheap.html

Can't wait to see what you have in store, I like what you've got so far on your blog!!

Linds

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME