November 3, 2011

Hey Dollies!

Welcome to the cold winter months! I live in NJ and if any of you have the kind of weather we have here, you totally know what I am talking about! HELLO CRACKED, DRY LIPS! Ugh! I love this time of year, but I cant stand what it does to my lips!

I want to let you know what I use on my lips to help with the dryness, cracking, chapping, and peeling. Sounds terrible, I know. But there are solutions!




Victoria's Secret Smooth FX Lip Scrub: This comes in two parts attached together. The top part is a balm (the purple), and the bottom part is the lip scrub (clear with little baby beads). This lip scrub, is alright. I mean, it's a good lip scrub for those of you with minimal dry, cracked lips. It really doesnt have a distinct taste (which is a plus), and will do the trick if you want to clean up a bit and need some hydration. The lip balm is great, too! I love it! Definitely hydrating and tastes good!

Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum: This is a more textured lip scrub with a light bubblegum taste to it. I like this one better than the VS Lip Scrub. I constantly lick my lips so they get chapped and dry really easily. This lip scrub really helps to clean up the peeling. It's not as hydrating as the VS Lip Scrub, but typically you want to add a balm to your lips after, so regardless it's still great! 

Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine: This is my go-to lip product to hydrate my lips after I have scrubbed them. I love this stuff! I use it throughout my day as well. My lips need all I can get and this really keeps them hydrated for extended periods of time and also helps when my lips are really chapped and I dont have my medicated chapstick with me!

Medicated Chapstick: I use this often as well! Due to the fact I lick my lips like CRAZY - this helps my lips when they get super red and start to hurt. This does tingle on your lips, especially if they are red. It's medicated so it started working immediately to alleviate the pain from the soreness and redness. IT REALLY WORKS! In just 24 hours after super sore redness and dryness, my lips were restored and I was back to using my Korres Lip Butter.

All these products are great! I use them daily/weekly and they truly help with cracked, peeled, sore, red, dry lips. I have to stay on top of my lip treatments due to the fact I am on the go and I do wear lipstick/lipgloss daily. It's not cute to have dry peeled lips while wearing lipstick! 

Are there any lip products you use to cure/treat winter lips?

XO!


24 COMMENTS:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I really like VS products and would love to give their balm a try.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Jenn said...

I LOVE the Korres lip butter and I've been really loving lip scrubs. I hear ya sister. It gets really cold here in the mitten and I hate what it does to my lips.

xo

Jenn

imperfection-isbeauty.com

Amanda said...

my favorite thing to do is a home made lip scrub! just mix some sugar, olive oil, and a tiny bit of honey--works amazingly. and much cheaper than the lush one (although i've heard those are SO nice!)

i also love jack black lip balms! they are amazing!

http://beautiesinbloom.blogspot.com

Dani said...

Thank you for doing this post! I live in Michigan and my dry lips have already started. haha I swear I put chapstick on at least 5 times today! I want to try this Lush lip scrub.

Nora said...

hi, i want the lush <3

lauraelizabeth said...

the Lush bubblegum scrub smells AMAZING! :)

Sd said...

i really need to try korres lip butter! great post:)



http://www.shellzdoll.com/

alicia said...

I need to try the Korres lip butter! looks amazing.

Hardcore Makeup Junkie said...

New follower here :)

xx

Michelle
www.hardcoremakeupjunkie.com

Marie said...

I also love Lush lip scrubs and Korres lip butters. These work well together.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com
Giveaway: Shabby Apple Da Vinci Dress

Vale ♥ said...

I am addicted to chapstick, wanna try the Korres one, heard it is great !
You're invited to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway !

Follow Fashion and Cookies

skippysays said...

I live in California now, but boy would this have been helpful when I was living in Boston! :)
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

The bubblegum lip scrub from Lush is my holy grail! my lips would be dead without it
Very helpful post

http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

Frances Cassandra said...

My lips suffer more than any other part of me during the winter :( I currently swear by my Original Chapstick and my little pot of Cherry Carmex, they're both so good!

Frances x
http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
Twitter: @Francesss__

MakeUpNonSolo said...

You blog is really beautiful...I really like your style and your photos!!

http://makeupnonsolo.blogspot.com

Jacki Brown said...

Girl I'm addicted to my luch bubblegum lip scrub... and I find myself reaching for it more now that its winter...

Lindsey said...

you need to get eos lip balm. It will change your life.

Plami said...

Thank you for the great tips!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips girl!

I love your blog and i'm gunna keep following!

Be sure to check us out at www.shervinsworld.com

Christina said...

I have a thing for buying products for my lips, one of the best is from Ole Henriksen if you know him? AMAZING :-))

Love your blog, keep it up.

C x

Izzy said...

The lush one look so inviting! Hope you visit back :--)
Izzy xo
www.swmapedinflowers.blogspot.com

Hannah Rose said...

Just bought the Lush Scrub- it's lush!

http://vivalashoes.blogspot.com/

fati said...

thanks for your blog for more make up for and beauty see:
http://free-make-up.blogspot.com
make up for

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog and I love it.
My Blog:
BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME