October 19, 2011
Hey Hey!

A few weeks ago I did a HAUL on some makeup products I purchased and I told ya I'd be reviewing some...

2 of the products in that haul were MAC's Viva Glam I and MILANI's Rose Hip. I didn't include MAC's Up The Amp because I purchased it a few days later.



I love them all.. although each one is slightly different in terms of quality..

Mac's UP THE AMP is such a beautiful color I cant even stand it. I wore it to the first day of NJ FASHION WEEK.. it's the first photo shown in the post before this one... it's just simply darling. It has somewhat of a soft feel to it on your lips at first, kind of glossy-ish. But after I'd say 5 minutes, it dries out. Which to me I'm okay with. For days I'm working and I cant touch up my makeup for 8+ hours, I need a lipstick that is going to stay. I need it to not bleed, and I need it to stain and stay, and this lipstick is IT! It didnt bleed at all. It also didnt fade. I forgot to lip line my lips before I put this on and for a moment, I didnt even care. I figured I'd keep it on me at all times and check up on my lips when I felt I needed to. Yeah, even without lip liner this puppy stayed in place! A new favorite of mine for SURE!

Mac's VIVA GLAM I is a gorgeous deep red color. It is very drying. It is a matte color so it's expected to. I chose this color because I didnt want a red that was going to make my face stand out, I didnt want it to be like "WHOA, THATS RED!" I wanted it to be like a Merlot red, a devious, sassy, red and while I tested it on my hands at the MAC store, I still wasnt sure if I'd like it on my lips.. the color was just what I wanted, but it's not the 'IT' color until you wear it. I am SO happy I purchased it because while I put it on to a meeting for work, as I am driving there I could only think about it bleeding around my lips, or onto my teeth.. going to a meeting which you need to speak at would NOT help if you have red teeth. YUCK! This lipstick (while I did swear Revlon Lip Liner) stayed perfectly in place at the perfect times. If you lick your lips (I'm a huge lip licker, haha) then this lipstick bleeding can happen. I found that when I made this lipstick wet by licking my lips it bled a little bit. I really cant complain about that because it wasnt much and it wasnt often. I wore it for about 6 hours, I touched up twice and it bled like 2 times. I'm cool with that!

Milani's ROSE HIP is your typical hot pink color. It does have a weird smell to it and tastes kinda funny at first. Both the smell and taste go away after you have it on for a few minutes. I LOVED this color when I saw it on Miss Natty's Beauty Diary. She blogged about it a few weeks ago and I just HAD TO HAVE IT! I wore this on the second day of NJ FASHION WEEK. I had a pink theme going on with my accessories so having pink lips was just a must! It did upset me and frustrate me though.. it's not long lasting AT ALL. I had it on for about 2 hours before it started to fade. It also made my lips super super dry. I had to retouch my lips in a 13 hour time frame about 20 times. I know that sounds crazy haha but I did work for 13 hours straight so needing a lipstick to last for that long is a must.. and I guess I didnt think before hand about that when I put it on. I just saw it as a color that I just loved and had to wear. Staying power is HUGE for me and this didnt do the trick. As far as a gorgeous hot pink color to swear for a normal night on the town for a few hours, or even to work where you know you'll have time to touch up.. then it's perfect.. even for the price it's perfect! 

Have any of you purchased any lipsticks and love them because they have excellent staying power, and dont taste bad? lol I am always up for purchasing new fun colors, but if the lipstick tastes bad and wont stay... I might have to pass... Let me know what you have in mind though!

XO!

10 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

I really like the Milani one, but that sucks it didn't stay on very long!

Lacey said...

LADY! I finally came back to blog world ha!
I am absolutely loving your new bog layout (well, new to me anyway!).

Can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

PolaBerry said...

Great post Up the Amp is one of my favorites!

Jenn said...

THIS IS SOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love your taste. These are just all so fab! I need your email. Do you have a twitter? Its so hard for me to find youuuuuuu ;) Its been foreverrrrr how are you love!! :)) Loving your new design for your page! Looks so pretty!!! I was trying to find ya to put you in my blogroll love DUHH:) hope all is well gorgeous!! xoxo

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Love "Up the Amp." Such a pretty color.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Lacey said...

ps, just passed along an award to you my dear :)

Christina said...

I`m really in love with your blog. Great posts! Lovely regards from Germany!

Marie said...

I like MAC Viva Glam I, I love reds and rusts.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com
Giveaway: Shabby Apple Da Vinci Dress

Jacki Brown said...

Whats the deal with Milani's lip products having a funy smell and taste?!?!?! You would think they would make the lip products taste and smell better LOL!!!

Chelsea Love said...

wow i love the milani color and i will probably just buy it because its so pretty. sad i know lol.


following
check out my blog sweetie
www.littlemissglamourous.blogspot.com

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME