October 18, 2011
Hey Hey Hey!

I didnt mean to be away for so long - I just got really jam packed with work and then I needed to catch up on my every day life. I've missed you all!!

So... where I've been!

I was selected to work with Celebrity Makeup Artist Kim Baker's Team Glamazon for NJ FASHION WEEK! It was such an awesome experience to not only do makeup for NJ Fashion Week, but to have been picked by very important people in this industry to be a part of it... ahhh priceless!

It was hard work, and exhausting all in itself, but I wouldnt have had it any other way. If you want to make it in this industry, YOU NEED TO WORK! Work from the ground up, slave, be someones assistant, do all the ground work before you can remotely see the top. I have been blessed, very blessed, and I cant thank God any more for the opportunities that have been thrown my way. 

Here are just a few photos for you to check out what it was like!

(All these photos BELONG TO ME. You do not have permission to obtain, use, forward, etc. unless approved by myself!)










Backstage looks NOTHING like the runway... it's an absolute zoo! It's organized chaos with occasional unorganized chaos - but worth it in every way! In the photos with women and men dressed in black we were the elite team under Celebrity Makeup Artist Kim Baker for Team Glamazon. 

I had the opportunity and privilege of meeting Kim G. of the New Jersey Housewives, Miguel from Jerseylicious (whom I had a lovely conversation with about his career in makeup and hair, I absolutely adore that man!), Donnella Tillery (Founder of NJ Fashion Week), Miss Teen America 2011 Katarina Kneer, and most of the designers of the clothing for the runway show. 

I have also been privileged to work with Designer Darius Gibbs, as I touched up his makeup right before his runway show. He also personally invited me to work with him at 2 of his fashion shows in upcoming weeks!

This is where I've been for part of my week off from you guys!

I hope you all understand that my career is taking off rapidly and sometimes by surprise so if I am gone for a few days I sincerely apologize!

Cant wait to catch up on your blogs and see whats going on!

XO!

14 COMMENTS:

Liesl said...

One of my friends is a big, successful model and you are right backstage is nothing like the runway! LOL! Glad you ad such a fun time...I grew up a big part of my life in NJ, so, woo for Jersey girls! :) Glad things are taking off for you...you go girl!!!

Liesl :)

LANEY said...

Liesl, aw thats awesome!! Thank you so much!! Us Jersey Girls ROCK!!! <3 Thank you for your support girl!!

XO!
LC

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Looks like a fabulous event to attend. You girls look like the makeover army :O)

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

LANEY said...

Girlie Blogger, YOU ARE SO RIGHT! Hahaha I love it, MAKEOVER ARMY!

Thanks for stopping by!!

XO!
LC

Miranda said...

looks like craziness but so fun!

LANEY said...

Miranda, definitely! <3

XO!
LC

Nora said...

EEEEP!! Amazing! :)

Looks like so much fun. I'm so happy for you <3

Sharon said...

Woah backstage looks really hectic and chaotic.... but nevertheless it looked like a great experience

http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

Jillian said...

That is awesome what great opportunities!

Anonymous said...

love all he pictures!

Jenn said...

Wow this looks like such a great time!! && I'm so happy for your success girl you deserve it! All your hard work is paying off :) keep it up dolly, & soak up every second of it. BTW YOU LOOK GORGEOUS! I love your hair with the braid :) Super pretty! as always though!!

xoxox

Gwen Beloti said...

You and your team did a great job, very professional. Nice working with you. Best, Gwen Beloti Collection www.gwenbeloti.com

ms fashion street said...

love your blog!great work!http://msfashionstreet.blogspot.com/

Lindsey said...

Wow! That is so amazing and I'm so proud of you!!!! BIG HUG!!!

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME