October 4, 2011
Hey Dolls!

My name is LC and I am a blushaholic! No, seriously.

This post is dedicated to my girl Nora over at Botoxey.

I have like a zillion blushers and I DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, leave the house without wearing it! As a child I was not allowed to wear makeup, or even play with makeup. My family was quite strict about it and it sucked! All my friends had lip glosses, and cute purses to carry all their "makeup" in and well I had nothing!! BOOOOO! :: thumbs down :: haha! The one thing that I would do religiously is smack my cheeks really hard so it would give me a blushed look. Sounds nuts right? Back then, I totally thought it was a genius idea! After a while, my cheeks stopped hurting from doing it so much! hahaha I sound like such a freak right now!

Anywho... I swatched a few of my MAC Blushes - I absolutely LOVE these! I just purchased two of them in the bunch and I am already in love! The 2 new ones are Equilibrium and Gingerly.






The photos really speak for the blushes as far the color is concerned. Very spot on.

GINGERLY
is a darker peachy color. It has a pinkish brownish undertone when comparing it to Peaches. If you are fair skinned, dont be afraid.. you can totally rock this as a contour or apply it lightly to your cheeks to give them definition. I am an NC30 and I am not too light, but nor am I dark/too dark. I am directly in the middle. This works well with my skin tone and I do love the versatility of it. 

DOLLYMIX
is your typical rosey cheek color. I have been using this blush for yearrrrrrrssss. I have not one thing bad to say about it. I love it because clearly I love rosey cheeks, but also because it works great year round for me. You can apply it lightly for a subtle blushed look or really smack it on for the evening or night out on the town blushed look. It also has a sparkly shimmer tint to it. It's not matte at all.

PEACHES
totally lives up to its name. It's a very peach pigmented blush. It was perfect for this summer as peaches/corals were totally in, and it will be perfect for this fall/winter. There isnt much versatility with this color though. It applies PEACH and remains PEACH. There isnt really a way to apply it lightly as it's very pigmented. I suppose you can just dab alittle and blend for a super super subtle look, but I cant promise it will look as good. You can look as though you arent wearing anything at all. Regardless, I LOVE this blush and do recommend for any skin tone!

PINK SWOON
is a baby pink frosty color. It can be applied sheer or built up to it's max baby pink color. I loved this blush for most of this year since I purchased it. Before my Peaches madness this was my go-to. It's a playful sassy color. Absolutely perfect for all skin tones! 

EQUILIBRIUM
I just purchased this a few days ago. I havent had the opportunity to wear it out.. only in my home when I was testing it out - thus far, it's an awesome color to be worn alone or with a pink/coral over it. The best way for me to describe it is, it's a naked blush. Gives your cheeks definition and character when worn alone. If you top it off with a pink or coral color it will give the colored blush a pop and make your cheeks stand out. For the fair skinned, I think you'd love it!

Hope this helped some of you or all of you in your search for some new blushers!

Any questions? You know how to find me!!!

XO!

11 COMMENTS:

Mai said...

I'm an NC30 and been wanting to get Gingerly but I'm worried it might be too dark.. Now Ima definitely give it a try..

Great blush collection

Nora said...

Yayy! Thanks for the swatches lovva :)

Gingerly looks like a gorgeous color! Actually, they're all so pretty. Out of these 5 I only own Dollymix and I love it!

Dani said...

Funny story! lol I have a new love for blushes becuase I never used to wear them. I really want to try peaches!! :)

cosmo-junkie said...

aww pink swoon looks lovely :) i only own one mac blush :)

Anonymous said...

love all the blushies!!! my makeup's not complete without those!!!

http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

Jillian said...

I like the look of Pink Swoon.. I'm a sucker for baby pink type blushes

Lindsey said...

I loveeee Pink Swoon and DOlly Mix. I'm such a blush virgin. I bought my first blush this year ... coralista by benefit and I love it. I wore blush, but only from samples I got when I bought make-up. Sad, huh??

hayley86bright said...

I love blush too thanks for the swatches very helpfull xx

Sharmin said...

i love DollyMix!! Need this in my life x
Sharmin x

Anonymous said...

I want to steal your blush collection :) I really like gingerly.

Fash Boulevard said...

thanks for all the swatches love. so glad i stumbled upon your blog. adore it. i'm totally following. If you get sec I'd love if you'd check out of my fashion and style blog and see if you'd be interested in following as well. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist.

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME