March 14, 2011
Hey beauty babes!

Ya'll know what a brush roll is it, right? Okay, so... I made one! Now lets start with this... I do not, and I repeat do not sew. AT ALL! So, the fact that I was able to concoct this brush roll into looking the way it looks and functioning the way it does, someone ought to give me a cookie... more like a cookie times infinity! I almost broke my new sewing machine several times due to my incompetence and lack of hand eye coordination. I am lucky to still be alive and that sewing machine is definitely lucky it didnt get thrown through my window! haha

On a happier note, this gosh darn brush roll is so stinkin' cute, and it really makes me love it even more because I made it!! Here is what it looks like! Don't make fun! hahaha It's the very first one I've ever owned, nonetheless the very first thing I've ever sewn! I refused to go with the "this is my practice one" attitude because I literally was having so much trouble making it that I was bound to make this one as perfect as can be so I didn't ever have to make another one! hahaha


Just wanted to say... you can still see the chalk lines (on the black fabric) all over the place because I needed some cheats to help me along the way. I didn't clean it up too well because I was excited to take pics and show you!






It's not super perfect, but it's perfect enough for me! It'll work for now until I eventually find one I super love and purchase it! Who knows, maybe I'll build up enough patience to actually make another one! hahaha We'll see!!

______________________________________________________

So, I was online shopping (something I do almost everyday) and I found this itty bitty train case from Forever 21 (on their website). I loveeeed it! As much as I loved it, I didn't buy it! Stupid, I know. Hubby always tells me "If you find something you loveeeee, just buy it, because if you don't the next time you actually intend on purchasing it, it's not going to be there." Now tell me this... why does that alwayssssss happen to me! Ugh!! I didn't buy the train case and about a week later (of none stop thinking about the darn thing) I went on their website and it was completely gone! Annoyed, I told him and with his reply "I told you so" I shrugged him off and searched far and wide online (and in stores) for something similar... andddd to no avail! 

Just two days ago I was in Forever 21 having to exchange a sweater I purchased that I later realized I'm never going to wear... guess what pops out of the woodworks? This train case I saw ONLINE! Really, what are the odds of that! Forever 21 is always loaded with so many things that sometimes you really need to search through their stuff to find things and that can be a pain sometimes! But not this time!! WHOO HOOO!!! I found it and loved it even more! 

Here are some pics from their website, as those pics are better than the ones I took... keep scrolling and you'll see the one of mine.




I haven't decided what I am going to use it for, but until then it's going to sit pretty. I figure maybe if I go to a friends/families house to do someones makeup I can stuff some things in there, or just use it to put my lip glosses, orrrr maybe my nail polishes and nail accessories! Oh the endless possibilities!!!

Hope you ladies enjoyed!

XO!

5 COMMENTS:

dl.blogspot said...

The brush roll looks great dear! You did a great job!

Supergirl said...

The brush roll is amazing!!

Lindsey said...

Wow! I am super impressed!! I can't believe you made that, it is so cute. I need one of these! I don't have anything like this, my brushes just get mixed up with everything in my make-up bag.

barbieXbeauty said...

the mini traincase is super cute! i actually saw it in store also and didnt buy then kept thinking about it.. good to store lipsticks and glosses!!

Kenzie said...

Wow great find! That makeup case is awesome.

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME