March 7, 2011
Hi Dolls!

I just wanted to let you know (if you hadn't already noticed) I put up some pages at the top of my blog. I added some new photos, a blog roll, an inside look to who I am (under My Story), contact information, and soon to come my Wishlist. I have so much on my wishlist - I just havent really had the chance to write them all down.. it's coming soon!

This is a much needed announced E.L.F Haul. I purchased quite a few things from E.L.F about a month or so ago and then I decided I wanted to try out MORE things, so I just waited on blogging about them until I had everything together and I tested most of the things.

I had no idea that E.L.F had such awesome products until after reading quite a few blogs and checkin' out some Vlogs, had I decided to try it out for myself and see if its true! And it is! E.L.F rocks! They have some super inexpensive products that work fantabulously and I'm kinda sad I didnt hear about them sooner!

I'm not kidding when I say I practically bought the company out. I purchased so many things!

  • Warm Bronzer
  • High Definition Powder
  • Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
I absolutely love the warm bronzer. It's got a super light sparkle to it, but nothing crazy. It's perfect for my skin tone even when I use self tanner. I havent used the HD Powder yet, but I have heard it compares to the MUFE HD Powder, and if that's the case then it's going to be perfect! The Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder is kinda dark for me right now. The blush in the pic (sorry about that) looks very pale, but it's very similar to Nars Orgasm. I'm not too crazy about the blush right now but I know in the Spring and Summer I'll definitely be putting it to use!

  • Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Black and Smoke
  • Defining Eye Brush
  • Professional Eye Shadow Brush
  • Professional Lip Defining Brush
  • (2) Eye Shadow "C" Brushes
  • Powder Brush
I haven't used the Eyeliner & Shadow Stick, but when I do I'll let you know how it turned out for me! The rest of the brushes are FAB! The 5 brushes in the center all work great! I was really hesitant. I typically use MAC brushes and I wasn't sure how these would compare, but they are really great. I use the Lip Defining Brush for my lip balms (so I dont have to use my fingers) and the bristles dont clump or fall out and it applies just the amount I want/need. I use the "C" brushes for cream eye shadows and I have had no problem with them! The last brush is one of my ultimate favorites! I heard so much good stuff about it, that I had to have it! It's a powder brush that can be used with liquid foundation too! I use it to apply my Bobby Brown Moisture Rich Foundation and it's applies it so flawlessly, I'm in love! I have the Sigma Flat Top Kabuki that I also use and they are veryyy similar. I will do a review on that in another post, but this brush is simply perfect! These are all simple and easy to clean and are really excellent quality.

  • Blue Mist
  • Fuchsia
  • Purple Pleasure
  • Mango Madness
  • Lilac

  • Blue Mist
  • Fuchsia
  • Purple Pleasure
  • Mango Madness
  • Lilac
I just swatched these colors for you quickly. I really havent worn any of these colors for more then 2 minutes. I can tell you that they are very pigmented. I absolutely loved the way they looked on me even with how I applied them. My favories are the last two: Mango Madness and Lilac. I will be painting my nails this week a new color and one of them will hit the top spot. I'll keep you updated!


  • Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 in Mellow Melon
Love this lip balm! Smells yummy and tastes yummy! If you have read my posts you know that I love to lick my gloss off. Haha So I always taste and comment on everything I put on my lips! It goes on smooth and like I said, tastes fab! It's a peachy color and just cute to throw on when you're on the go!


  • Hypershine Gloss in Vixen
  • Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in Strawberry Cream
  • Super Glossy Lip Shine in Clear
  • Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in Strawberry Cream
  • Hypershine Gloss in Vixen
  • Super Glossy Lip Shine in Clear
I do not like the conditioning balm in Strawberry Cream. Yuck! It tastes miserable! It just reminds me of the times I accidentally get my hair conditioner in my mouth when I'm showering. (I know it sounds weird, but it happens. lol) It just has these super gross taste and it looks bad on my lips too! Bad buy! The gloss in Vixen, tastes fab and goes on cute too! Very pigmented gloss and does come up like an orange/red color. I love it! And the gloss in Clear was just for a quick pick me up if I'm on the go or if I am wearing a matte lipstick that needs some lovin'. It's super glossy and alittle sticky, but I dont mind that. I actually love glosses that way because I dont lick them off as quick! hahaha

  • Tinted Moisturizer in Honey
  • Tinted Moisturizer in Apricot Beige
  • Tone Correcting Concealer in Apricot Beige
I initially purchased the TM in Apricot Beige and it was just the perfect color of my face. I dont really mind if I am just trying to hide my rosacea, but I do want some color if I am leaving the house with just tinted moisturizer on so I purchased it in Honey. It gives me alittle more color without overdoing me. Its nothing special but it does the trick and I cant complain. I use a Sephora brand TM and their's is more pigmented and lasts longer, but c'mon this was a buck! I'm really not complaining. As you can see I havent opened the concealer. I use a MAC concealer presently and just havent had the opportunity to play around with this yet. I will eventually and keep you updated!

I hope you enjoyed my haul! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

XO!


12 COMMENTS:

Nora said...

I spent over 100 dollars trying out E.L.F for the first time and I must say I love almost everything I purchased!

From what you've purchased that I've purchased and still love :
Warm bronzer
Blush and contour compact
Powder brush and the Eyeshadow C brush

I don't know how I feel about their HD powder, I own the MUFE one as well and I like it so much better.

xxo

Nora said...

Hey! I figured I'd write back here to make sure you see it.

I'm not big on powder so that's why I'm not sure on how I feel about the E.L.F one but as far as the MUFE HD goes I use the teeeniest amount and it sets my foundation well without it looking too "matte".

The Warm Bronzer is amazing!!! Come to think of it now I don't know why I never included it in my favorite makeup posts! I only use Hoola for contouring and I love it for that, but not at ALL as an over-all bronzer! Ick it's too dark and muddy.

We're going to end up broke but we'll be fabulous looking too Hahaha :)

Nora said...

Hello lovie!
I totally agree with you on buying the elf one because of the price and not feeling bad if you don't like it! Definitely worth trying!
Let me know how you like it, maybe I can give mine a second chance.

I contour whenever I remember to do so on weekends because my cheeks are quite large and rounded! Eek.

Hahaha! Broke and fabulous ;)

Do you have a Twitter account? mine is @botoxey in case you do :)

xxo

Nora said...

Hahaha! That's basically me a few months ago when I first joined Twitter!

Basically, you update your status -pretty much talking to yourself haha- or you @ someone to talk to them :) I'll follow you now.

Broke and fabulous!

xxo

Nora said...

HAHAHA THE TWITTER! So cute! hahaha :)

It reminds me of that old lady in the movie You Again. If you haven't seen it you should check out the trailer on Youtube. That line is in the trailer too hehe.

Broke and fabulous!

xxo

Lindsey said...

hey girl! I had not heard of ELF until I started blogging and tons of beauty bloggers were mentioning it. I actually went to Target to buy their eyebrow kit, but they only had the medium color which would have been too dark to me. I couldn't believe how cheap the prices were and how much stuff they had. Thanks for doing this post, now I have some ideas for some other things to try out. I do love me some cheap make-up!

Love, Victoria said...

i just did a little elf haul a few weeks ago too! i got the warm bronzer and contour/blush palette for xmas! i really like the blush/contour... the bronzer wasn't anything too special for me :(

and i just got the hd powder! i haven't tried it but i'm excited to! i have hiiigh hopes!

how is the powder brush?! i've heard so many good reviews!

Lacey said...

I've never heard of ELF before! I'm very intrigued! What stores sell them?

Lacey said...

Ok, so this is totally off topic, but I just read your page about your story and it's completely freaking me out (in a good way) at how similar we are in that I experienced basically everything you mentioned. I got goosebumps reading it, it was like I was reading about my life haha I lost my mother at a young age, had a miscarriage last year and 2010 was also one of the hardest years of my life. It's good to know that other people go through similar situations and still come out strong. Makes you still keep faith that everything will work out!

Love, Victoria said...

i think it was actually a product that i reacted to :( so scary! :o

but it's better now so i can start to use allll my new makeup :) can't wait to try the HD powder!

and wow! the powder brush sounds amazing! everyones raving over sigma's flat top kabuki atm! next elf order i'll def pick this brush up! i just bought the stippling one to try out with my new MUFE foundation! i hope that one works well too!

thanks girl! <3

Kenzie said...

I have only tried a few ELF products and i really like them. They are really hard to come by here, so when i do see them i always grab something!

PL said...

I love the elf brushes! i usually stick to my mac brushes but the elf studio face brushes are really nice esp. the flat top brush!

great haul!

check out my blog sometime
polaberry.blogspot.com

:]

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME