February 2, 2011
Hey Dolls!

Love love love music... I'm sure all of you can say the same! I was going through my cell phone and I came across some super adorable pics I had of Lady Gaga. Music is such an inspiration to my life. It's an escape of reality that embraces me and keeps me feeling alive and beautiful and loved. Not that I don't feel that in real life, but it's just so different. I know you all understand!

On top of the fact she can sing her tush off, and write music that relates to my life, she has the most fab sense of style. It bleeds her personality and how she is feeling which really gets me to relate to her and love her so much!



Lady Gaga
 Okay lets be real here... Lady Gaga? She's amaaaazzing! I know I know she's a little different... BUT she's REAL! She's Lady Gaga all day everyday no matter who is watching, who is publishing, who is taping, who is photographing... etc. You catch my drift. She doesn't care what negative people have to say about her, all she cares about is her fans being happy and her music being heard. Aside from her personality, yes I love her style. She's raunchy and dirty (in a good way) and her clothes define how she is feeling, and who she is on the inside. Some people really cant put that together. Some people really cant wear things that show who they are... they're afraid to commit to themselves for fear of what others will think. I get it, nowadays you cant step out of your house without being critiqued - but like Gaga, WHO CARES?! You are you, no one else lives your life and looks at you day in and day out when the doors are closed, but you! So for that simple reason, you need to be you. People will always have something to say, but if you love yourself regardless of what they have to say thats what matters most! Your sense of style can truly define how you are feeling or what you are all about. Originality is key and the only way that is possible is if you put your own touch to it! I love how Gaga possesses that quality and shows that to us in every way she can, even if it's through her meat dresses and bows!



ME as Lady Gaga for Halloween 2010
I actually was Lady Gaga for Halloween. I wasn't even going to dress up, but something clicked in my head that I need to be a little more fun and put myself outside the box instead of this quiet sophisticated girl. I did the best I could ;) 

My hair was down most of the night, but I was hot and tired as the night went on so I rolled my hair (aka wig) in a bun and pinned it. 

My "sunglasses", I made them myself. I purchased these oversized glasses from a halloween store and purchased these rhinestone kinda things from a craft store and hot glued them on top of the lenses. I burned myself a few times, but I got the job done! Everyone loved them!!

My bodysuit was from another costume, not a Gaga one. It was from this rockstar outfit, but it totally went well with my theme so it was a given to purchase!

I also drew the lightening bolt over my eye (as she does it), but since I had my sunglasses on most of the night, I don't have any pics with it visible. 

The glove, can you see it? I was a black glove with spikes on it... loved it the moment I saw it, perfect Gaga accessory!

My stockings have holes in them, but not on purpose. I actually was putting them on and as I stretched them up they ripped. I havent worn stockings since maybe 5th grade, I didnt know what I was doing. haha Even though they ripped, it still went well with the look I was going for! Amen for that!

Holy wig! It was such a pain in the tush to find a platinum blonde wig WITH a platinum blonde bow! Seeing as I put this WHOLE outfit together 2 days before Halloween, I had barely any opportunity to find the right stuff! Everything was sold out. I managed to find the wig at a halloween store and the bow at Claires. Claires is an accessory store for primarily a younger generation, but they had some awesome stuff! No idea what made me go in there to see if they had a bow, nonetheless a bow to match the platinum blonde wig I already purchased! I was ecstatic!!

As for my shoes, I wore regular black stilettos that I had tucked away for this kind of night. Haha. They had some shine to them and totally meshed with the rest of my ensemble!

What do you think ladies?! Did I do OK? Haha It's a far cry from my everyday look, but something to remember!! 

XO!


9 COMMENTS:

Chelsea Love said...

you make a good lady gaga my love. ;)

LANEY said...

Thank you beautiful!!! <3 I tried!! Haha

Miranda said...

ur so pretty !!!
love the outfit for halloween
now following ur blog :)

Anonymous said...

darrrrling! you are too cute! you beautiful THANG you!

jezmacmania said...

i loooove lady gaga! people hate on her, and i'm like...why? to me, she's as real as it gets.

and you definitely make a good lookin lady gaga!

Shabby said...

Ah! Twelfth Night!
you look really good as lady gaga!
nice post.
www.cocoandolive.blogspot.com

Kenzie said...

Your costume is amazing!! I love the wig, so cute

Ars Vivendi said...

Hey ...

your blog is amazing!
jeeez ... your soo pretty ...

guess I'll follow your blog now!

Maybe you wanna take a look at my blog too ...
it would be awsome ...

just in case you wanna take a look,
thats the link:

http://ars---vivendi.blogspot.com/

X,
Nicky

LANEY said...

Thank you so much ladies! You all are so good to me! I appreciate it!!

XO!
LC

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME