February 9, 2011
Hey Dolls!

I can't wait til you see what I just purchased!! You're going to flip!

The hubby and I are planning on buying a house and since we've been looking I'm already planning on what I want to buy for my "makeup room." I just want a room designated to all my clothes, art, fashion, and MAKEUP! One thing that popped into my head was a dress form. For y'all who don't know what a dress form is, it's like a mannequin with just a torso (typically) mainly used for people who sew. Moving along, when I told the hubs, he was like "Really, a dress form? For what?" - I don't think he understood what I was really looking for til I found it!

This is exactly what I envisioned and to think I actually FOUND it! AHHHHHHHH!!!!




Dont you just love it?! 

I wanted something like this so I could hang all my jewelry on it and hang vintage things on it like broaches and stuff. I dont know, maybe I'm thinking outside the box and I'm crazy, but I'm in love and I just can't wait til I acquire things to hang on it! It's going to be FAB! For now it's going to sit in the corner of our bedroom til we buy a house and it's real use with come to play!

Oh! And here's the kicker, I purchased it for $50.00!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________________________________


I also wanted to show you some things hubby and I made for our bedroom. We decided to take the cover of magazines that starred our favorite artists and frame them! So far we have 5 covers, with the exception of a Gaga photo we found that matched our decor in color. We hung them above our bed!


__________________________________________________

Another cute thing I own is this mirror! The framing around the mirror is crushed glass that someone molded together to make it look all shiny and glittery! It's above my jewelry stand and serves a great purpose! Loveee it!


____________________________________________________

This picture is in our bathroom. It just flows with the rest of our house, chic, classy, and boldly makes a statement. Yet another fave!


____________________________________________________

Saving the best for last... our fish tank! Hubby has been working really hard to get our salt water tank up and running successfully. He loves fish and has always wanted to have a salt water tank and house awesome looking fish! Here is a picture that I actually took about a half hour ago! I turned the lights on and they were all asleep (I woke some of them up). It looks kind of empty, but we really have about 11 crabs, 7 amazing fish, 1 really awesome looking shrimp and 15 teeny starfish that are growing every day (if you look to the left under the red box, which is the shadow of my tv, that white spec is a baby starfish!)! We plan to have tons more in the future, but it's difficult putting random fish in with each other as they will eat one another or get sick and die. 



Hope you like some of my home!!!

Do you have any cool things in your home?!

XO!

10 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

Love the dress form and the picture in the bathroom~~

Anonymous said...

Love the mirror.
I think my best piece of furniture is my dressing table which I decorate with very pretty things on top. I also have some photos which I change from now and then as I get a bit bored.
X

Shabby said...

I like the dress form! The mirror is cute too! very creative with the magazine covers!Good luck house hunting!

LANEY said...

Thank you Shabana!!!! <3

Supergirl said...

Wow, amazing purchaeses!!

Alex said...

I love all of it! amazing!! im sure your new house will look great! you should do a tour in pictures!

Marcy said...

I have been wanting a fish tank so bad but they are kinda expensive!!

Marcy,
smudgemyeyeliner.com

Kasia W. said...

I love that manequin! I'm looking for sth like that!

http://mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

i love that mirror!! So sparkly :D

Dhalia Edwards said...

Great decor..My fav are the framed pics on the colored wall.

Dhalia

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME