September 27, 2011
Hey Hey Hey!

I have had quite a few people ask me what foundation I use, how do I get this "flawless face", etc. Although with taking very much care of my skin, I do use some awesome foundations and I wanted to share with you all which ones!

  • Maybelline FIT ME in 230
  • MAC Studio Sculpt in NC30
  • Revlon PhotoReady in 008 Golden Beige
  • Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich in Warm Natural 4.5
I have been using these foundations for quite a few months, some of them even years! All these are medium-full coverage, and buildable! 

My sister recently told me "You always go for that Kim Kardashian face." I wasn't sure how to take that considering she's very opinionated and forward with her words, but I love Kim so who cares! Kim conceals EVERYTHING. And SO DO I. I dont need full coverage foundation, but I love wearing it. It gives an amazing finish to my face and I absolutely LOVE it!

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation is an AWESOME drug store brand foundation. Legit, for like $6-$7 dollars you are getting a bang for your buck! I LOVE this foundation and actually just purchased my second bottle as during the summer I was a tad darker so for the winter I need a lighter color! This foundation is like medium coverage and is very moisturizing. I have dry skin, it used to be VERY dry, although I have taken great care of it it's only dry once in a while. Still, I need to use moisturizing foundations and this is one! It's easy to blend, easy to build, and SUPER easy to match to your skin!

MAC Studio Sculpt is a thick matte foundation. It is a foundation you need to work with. Not your typical foundation where you can just add some to your face blend and go. For a newbie, this may not be a good start. I have been using this on and off (because I like to switch up my foundations depending where I am going or doing) for about 2 years now. It is a full coverage foundation and somehow still very buildable. This foundation will leave you unbelievably flawless looking!! A little bit goes a long way, and if you work it in to your skin the right way, you will fall in love!

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation is actually quite new to me. A few months ago I purchased it, tried it at home, and took it back. I couldnt stand it! Just a few weeks ago I purchased it again. I didnt put it in any of my hauls because I was REALLY unsure of it. I just purchased it again to REALLY give it a go. If I liked it I would blab about it, and if not, I was seriously going to write to Revlon lol. I sound like a maniac saying that! Haha This time I wore it under different weather conditions, wore it in photos, and I really like it! It matches my skin tone perfectly, which is a super plus! It is very matte and also medium-full coverage. I love the pump action it's got, too! I am enjoying it for now, although still unsure if I'll repurchase in the future. So far so good though!

Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation is a medium-full coverage foundation. It is matte. This is typically my go-to foundation. For the type of coverage it is, it's very light weight. Unlike the Studio Sculpt, it's super silky and thin. It blends amazing into the skin and leaves room for added coverage! I love this foundation for sure!

I recently got a sample of 2 Chanel foundations that I am honestly in LOVEEEEE with! It forthcoming days I will purchase one of them and give my feedback on both. 

What foundations or even tinted moisturizers are you guys loving? 

Tip: You can create your own tinted moisturizer by mixing lotion and your foundation together. Try it out, tell me what you think!

XO!

12 COMMENTS:

DOLLFACE BLOG said...

I love my Bobbi Brown moisture rich foundation. I've been using it a lot lately because I have dry patches. I love your blog!

DOLLFACE BLOG said...

Just put you on my blogroll!!!:)

Unknown said...

Great review :)

I love the Mac foundation. I tend to stop using it before but I keep coming back to it. Theres nothing more better coverage than what mac does. It's truly one of a kind. Loves Revlon as well :)

I haven't tried bobby brown. I was looking for a bobby brown store nearby but cant find any ahhah!

LANEY said...

Teli, thank you girl!! Yeah, MAC is pretty amazing!! Glad you enjoyed the review!

Bobbi Brown can be found in big department stores like Nordstrom, Macys.. let me know if you ever get any of her stuff!

XO!
LC

Love Joice said...

I tried the Bobbi Brown and I love it! you have a great blog! please check out my blog and follow if you like, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com

AspirationsOfGlam said...

Lost posts like this always really helpful. Thank you :)

Liz
http://aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com/
xxx

jodi said...

thankyou, this post was so helpful! I completely agree about the revlon photoready foundation, it's a shame i can't seem to get the mac ones to work with my skin! http://openboxjewels.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ALL MAC FOUNDATIONS! ♥

socialitedreams said...

those are all ones that I use too except for bobbi brown :D


Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

Jenn said...

GIRLLLLLL! I've missed you!!!! I wanna try the Bobbi Brown foundation you think it would be good even for oily skin? OMG I need to sample the Chanel I've been eyeing it but don't have a counter near by and I don't wanna purchase online just in case the colors don't match. <3
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have fit me! I loooove that foundation!! =] lol.

Jacki Brown said...

Thank you for this review/post! I also have dry skin and keep looking for a good foundation. I also switch up depending on where I'm going. Have you tried the new loreal mousse? I'm liking that right now...

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME