September 10, 2011
Hey babes!

I was chatting with Jenn @ Jenn's Beauty Confessions about my spice rack full of nail polishes! She was intrigued so I dedicate this post to her!

I've never been a nail polish person.. for the longest time, I'm tawkin' 10 years, I have used the color SUGAR DADDY by ESSIE. That was the extent of "color" I'd put on my nails. I worked in the corporate world for a long time and having exotic nails or looks just wasnt in the proper attire for the company I worked for. I kept it simple and classic for far too long!

Since I started blogging, I realized alot about myself and one was to never be afraid to be me! I love how I can sit here and say that "I am not afraid to be me!" Thank you Blog World and Friends!

How can nail polish express who you are? IN EVERY SINGLE WAY! Are you kidding? I follow Chelsea @ Nail Polish Epicness and boy can she express herself! She does an AMAZING job at nail art and finding the best nail polish colors! I love reading her posts and checking out her photos, I cant and probably will never be as good as her, but I'll continue to follow and pray I gain some of her power! Haha!

So anywho, boy do I ramble...

I have started a "nail polish collection" and have gained a new appreciation for nail polish and wanted to show you my little bundles (of nail polish) I purchased!


This guy has turned into this guy...



You can purchase this spice rack turned nail polish rack at the Container Store. Click HERE for the direct link.

When I purchased this spice rack I didn't even think that I just might outgrow it! Now I am ready for another one! Oy! It's only been like 2 weeks!! It's like my nail polishes are having babies!! 

These are a few new polishes I've purchased within the past 2-3 weeks!


Left to Right:
  • I Eat Mainely Lobster
  • It's My Year (Miss Universe Collection)
  • Swimsuit...Nailed It! (Miss Universe Collection)
  • Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous
  • Crown Me Already (Miss Universe Collection)
  • Top Coat

Left to Right:
  • Case Study
  • Forever Yummy
  • It's Genius
  • Licorice

Left to Right:
  • Ulta Brand: Pinata-Yada-Yada
  • Sinful Colors: Flower Girl
The Ulta Brand: Pinata-Yada-Yada is the color I used on my nails for my 25th Birthday. I used 3 coats of it to make it exactly how you see in the bottle pictured above! It lasted about 4 days before it started to chip. I got it for free with points from Ulta, so it's okay! It's a pretty color and I didnt mind touching it up!

XO!

10 COMMENTS:

Claire said...

That's such a good idea my nail polish collection is out growing my current storage, I will make sure to look at spice racks the next time I venture to Ikea :-)

Jenn said...

awwwwh your so sweet!!! <3 you

hahah I love your posts girl! Never stop making them you crack me up every time I feel like I can hear ya saying this!

I know what you mean I really wasn't a nail polish freak until I started blogging and these last few months I find myself buying new ones all the time.

Its crazy that you say that blogging made you realize a lot about yourself bc I was just saying that to my fiance I feel as if I'm not afraid to be who I am, and really just be comfortable in my skin, and I just realized how much I love makeup, and beauty.

NOW that I'm the rambling one haha I LOVE those racks!! OMG I'm going to have to pick these up girl!! I have been trying to hunt down the racks that they sell at the salons and they're so expensive thank goodness I hadn't ordered mine yet!!

Great colors that you have I love them all!! Case study has been one I was on the hunt for..

Thanks so much<3
enjoy your Sunday doll!
xo

NailPolishEpicness said...

Aww!! You're too sweet LC! I seen your post in my dashboard and seen the picture of the spice rack so I got a little curious and came to check it out. It's a brilliant idea to use a spice rack! Why didn't I think of that?! lol. I've been trying to figure out how to sort my polishes like they do in a nail salon but they don't sell racks like that in the store I don't know why I never thought to use spice racks! lol. I might have to steal this idea and post it on my blog (don't worry I'll give you full credit!)

P.S. Awesome polish collection!

Huda said...

You have a great collection of polishes! :) Mine is not quite that big yet, but it's certainly getting there, and I think getting a spice rack would solve my storage problems! Thanks so much for the idea :)

Anonymous said...

LC,

I'm not sure if you were a follower of my blog or not (http://www.nailpolishepicness.blogspot.com) but I had to make a completely new blog because my posts weren't being updated in the dashboard =[ here is my new URL http://www.nailartepicness.blogspot.com hope I see you there!

Olivia C. said...

What a great way to store nail polish! It looks like we have a lot of similar polishes, too! :)

LANEY said...

Jenn!! I'm glad I keep you laughing! Lol Sometimes I laugh at myself, I dont understand where I come up with things sometimes!! LOL

Super glad this idea helped you out!! I was just browsing through the Container Store and the chick told me she didnt have anything to help me out! I was so bummed! I just kept walking around and I was like "AH HA!" (looking at the spice racks) hahaha "YOU MY DEAR FRIEND WILL WORK!" and I snagged it up and kept on walking! The girl saw me online with it and was like "Aw yeah, that will work!" - Pshhh, DUH IT WILL WORK! She's just mad she didnt think of it first! LOL

I am a rambler! lol I dont mind if anyone else is either! Keeps me entertained! hehehe Us ramblers gotta stick together!

Did you pick up Case Study? I'd totally put out a world search for it! It's an amazing color!

XO!
LC

LANEY said...

Olivia C., Claire, Huda, and Chelsea - Thanks for the sweet comments! I'm SO glad this helped you ladies!! Who would have seriously thought a SPICE RACK would have done the trick! Keep your head up when your in the car equipment isle, you never know what you might find in there for your makeup or something! LOL

XO!
LC

Shannon Marie said...

I really need one of these to store my nail varnish! :) I love your nail varnish collection, you have some gorgeous colours. OPI Crown Me Already looks so pretty x

Jenn said...

hahahaha that girl was probably mad she didn't think of it lol. Girl I found it!! I hunted the world for that color today. :) Thanks so much!! I appreciate it! lo

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM

THATGIRLLANEY@YAHOO.COM
Make your anger so expensive no one can afford it. Make your happiness so cheap people can almost get it for free!

Followers

TWEET ME